Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Evening Ignites...


Even with the dashes of breeze;
I felt your tender touches...

Even in the pure darkness;
I saw your fascinating eyes...

Even in the smell of salinity;
I smelled your aromatic sweat...

Even with the roaring waves;
I heard your melodic kisses...

Knowingly I stole your kerchief;
Unknowingly I missed my damn self...

The sands though undergo so many walks;
Trusted our imprints would be intact...

I wished the moments last forever;
I wish it for the memories now...

Everything else around me is alive;
Your absence leaves me marooned...

There can't be another graceful evening;
There can't be another contentful heart;
There can't be another soulful love...

13 comments:

  1. there cant be another soulful love..lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. Who's the girl? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet and sad at the same time. beautiful, Sankar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful poem, Sankar! It starts out sweet and becomes slightly bitter. Bittersweet. Love is hard to figure out sometimes. It’s a good thing we have poetry to help us!

    Jason

    P.S. – Is sweat considered attractive on a woman in India? In the US we think “yuck”! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jason: Thanks for commenting.. :)poems are indeed a let out, I agree.

    Jason, its not a question of India and US when it comes to sweat. I think, its between Sankar and Jason. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so sweet and lovely one:) enjoyed reading:)

    ReplyDelete